Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Issues from the class

Overall, I think this class makes for a unique challenge that has so many twists and turns in itself.  With that said, there are some issues that do make it difficult to wrap your head around the information being brought to our attention.  One issue that I really struggled with in the beginning was the Armstrong book.  I think that all of the information was great, but just the thought of where she got her information and some parts where she seemed to lean to one side or the other really caught me off guard.  There was so much going on in the book and with it being the beginning of the semester, it took a lot longer to get in the groove of the overall content of the class between the book and the guest speakers.  Although I thought they were both beneficial, for me personally, I thought it put the class to a rough start.

With regards to the categories in my final paper, I think that there were many great suggestions thrown out yesterday and I agree with some of them.  The thought of reading Armstrong before class would help, but how many people would actually read the book before the semester? I think that there could be certain prerequisites that would help the class because if you come in already knowing the history, then the Armstrong book is basically not needed and can be used for more speakers/activities, etc.  I also thought that going to events is something interesting because being at things first hand rather than just watching videos or listening to them really makes a difference. Other things I would like to touch on are social media/blogs, speakers and their topics, and Jerusalem updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment