Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Weblog 4

Even though I do not listen to a variety of music and primarily use it to keep me entertained, I think that it does get me into the right mood.  I am a fan of R&B, Pop, and some hip-hop music.  I like to listen to r&b most of the time because it puts me in balance and seem like I'm carefree.  However, when I need to get pumped up for something, I might break out some old rap that I know the words to in order to get my adrenaline flowing. I do not update my music very often, but I do enjoy listening to music in the background of my daily activities.

Many people in the world use music to mean different things, especially in the movie we saw on Tuesday.  I think between the orchestra from a few weeks ago and the rappers we just saw yesterday, music can have so much more impact than just entertainment.  These people are making music and setting a stage politically by interacting with both sides of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.  I think that it is a unique way of attacking the subject, but can also help because of the shared interests.  The rappers had a lot more arguments about the political side than the orchestra players did, but that could partially be due to the kind of music they are doing.  Rappers are meant to be aggressive and I think the article that went with the video talked about the background of that very well.  We will continue to see if any of the music interventions will collect enough interest to become a part of a movement towards peace in the future.


1 comment:

  1. As you have said you are a rap fan, what did you think about the Israeli Rapper we watched the interview about? Do you see a similarity between that music and the kind you regularly listen to?

    While a lot of American rap hovers around talking about violence, drugs, and gangs, could this be a worry or constraint going into the future when considering how this music will impact the peace process and youth?

    ReplyDelete