Monday, February 11, 2013

Reading Response 8

We have finally made it through the windy path that was Karen Armstrong's wild and crazy Jerusalem history feature in a few weeks.  To be honest I was not the biggest fan of the book due to its lack of sources and overload of information, but I think it will help put things into a better perspective for the rest of the class.  I thought things would slow down and we would let off the gas some, but then here comes the articles from Tamari...

These are two very interesting articles that have some Palestinian twist to them, but still talk plenty about the relationship between the Jews, Muslims, Christians, and Armenians (in no particular order, of course).  The concept of nationalism and pride really makes one think about how you feel about your own.  While reading these articles, I couldn't help myself but to think, "Do I do certain things for myself or for others?" Well it's that same sense of pride that people have about their country.  It comes to that point where everyone has their own opinions about what they should and should not do and continues to raise questions that will possibly never be answered...

I continue to think who is right and wrong in all of these scenarios...but of course I have my own side and am entitled to my own opinions.  We all do and that is how life is.  We just need to figure out how everyone can have their own while giving up the smallest amount that will make the slightest bit of difference in their ways of life.  That's just the way it is and we continue to wonder what's to come next...

No comments:

Post a Comment