Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Reading Response 5- New Developments

After reading chapters 8-10, I begin to wonder a few new things and some that keep coming up.  There is still part of me that is not pro-Armstrong.  Some of the context isn't connecting for me...the only thing I can think of is because of my lack of knowledge of the situation and history at hand.  There have been so many different years, people, and places that have come along in this book already and it is very difficult to keep up with.  However, with that being said, Chapter 10 was probably the best yet for me due to the pictures and allowing me to see what is really going on here with the geography.

One of the main points in these chapters is how the "New Jerusalem" came to be.  Jesus had not been around and many churches were being built.  However, my real question is why was it called New Jerusalem? There are so many religions that are tied to Jerusalem so why would they want to make a New Jerusalem to cause even more problems.  It is odd to me that they made this decision and did not try to build into the already based Old Jerusalem.  Things are starting to seem odd...

But then again, Armstrong talks about how the Christians and Jews interact with each other.  Now a days, things have changed dramatically.  In the old times, Christians would interact among themselves and Jews would do the same.  Today things are the same to some standard, but I am a Jew and have never had a problem with an Christian due to their religion and I believe that most Christians would say the same thing.  By comparing them to today's issues, it would be amazing if the religions would be able to do their own thing while getting along and making peace.  But we all know it isn't that easy. And this mind blowing history continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment