Sunday, January 13, 2013

Project Thoughts

I think that I am most interested in two aspects of Jerusalem: food and sport.  Many cities, states, and countries are known for specific kinds of food and Jerusalem is one that is very cultured as well.  The one thing that stands out is that there are different cultures that make the same food but in a different way.  Everyone wants to claim it as their own, but one opinion varies from another depending on where you are and who you are talking to.

In regards to sports, it is a very large part of my life.  I have grown up playing and watching them and my interest has continued to increase as I have gotten older.  To be honest, I have not looked into the sports in Jerusalem and couldn't really tell you what they play.   My best guess would be to go off what they do in Europe but I am interested to see what the differences are with other countries.  Sports connect people and also provide an outlet to get your mind off of everyday life.  I believe this is one of the intriguing ideas that people overlook in Jerusalem.

1 comment:

  1. Max, I think that looking at Sports in Jerusalem is a terrific topic and one that I myself am also interested in. I would like to look at it in more detail, to make sure that there is a substantial amount of information to use in this project.

    The reason why I am so interested besides my love for sports, especially basketball, is I have a peer who played basketball in Israel for Maccabi Tel-Aviv. I know that this is not Jerusalem, but I am curious to know if there is a basketball team in Jerusalem, and if besides being say a Jewish leaguee or Palestinian league, if there is a league in which people from both religions compete. Reminds me a lot of what the Olympics represent...

    ReplyDelete